Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks


Happy Thanksgiving! I've been reading lots of blogs and articles recently about giving thanks and how much we have to be thankful for. This is so true, and I truly realize how very blessed I am. The Lord has given me so many blessings that I know I do not deserve, but I'm so very thankful to Him. At the top of the list would be my precious family and friends, but the list could go on endlessly. ~ ~ What I want to make sure to do, however, even after this Thanksgiving holiday is past, is to continue having a thankful heart each and every day. I need to make sure I give thanks to my Lord daily for all of my wonderful blessings---even if it's a day that doesn't seem too "special" when I'm in much physical pain, or things don't seem to be going my way---I still have so much to be thankful for even during those times! ~ ~ At our family dinner today, I'll read aloud Psalm 100 just as I have since I was a young girl (my precious Mother started me on this family tradition many years ago, and although she and Daddy are in Heaven now, it's a tradition I want to continue). ~ ~ Thank you, Lord for blessing me abundantly!!

2 comments:

Miralee Ferrell said...

Thank you for sharing this, and what a great idea to read Psalms 100 on Thanksgiving day. You are so right...we need to count our blessings daily. God is indeed good.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and yes, it sounds like we have very similar stories. We built a new house assuming our old one would sell, and we've been carrying two mortgages for over two years. It's such a huge relief and blessing to get the old one sold and know we can move to our new one without fear of losing either one. God is indeed good! Miralee

Megan DiMaria said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet condolences and comments.