Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Grace and the Preacher

Author Kim Vogel Sawyer has been my favorite Christian author for the past eight years, and with each of her books that I read, I'm reminded of why I enjoy her writing so much!  Due to release on March 21, 2017, Grace and the Preacher is a sweet story set in a small Kansas town in 1882. The heroine is Grace Cristler, a twenty-four year old postmistress who doesn't see marriage as being likely in her future. But when she begins corresponding with the new preacher who's due to arrive in town and take over her retiring uncle's church, Grace feels hopeful that he might be the man God has for her. 
I will quote what's written on the book's back cover:  Can the faith of one small prairie town and a kind woman's generous heart survive such a great deception?
Since I don't want to give away any "spoilers" in the story, I'll just say that this book kept me hooked all the way to the satisfying ending. I LOVED it!! 
Kim Vogel Sawyer has a talent for creating characters who truly "come alive" as I read, and the powerful messages in her stories offer hope and the reminder of how much God loves us.
If you're not familiar with this author, I strongly encourage you to look for her books. You will not be disappointed!

No comments: