Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!


Wow! I've heard lots of folks commenting about how quickly 2008 flew by, and I agree. Although my days are not nearly as hectic as they used to be since I'm no longer teaching school, the time still seems to slip away too fast. ~ It's really made me stop and think lately about where my time "goes." As Christians, we are called to be good stewards of our time, and I'll be the first to admit that time management is something I've struggled with for quite a while. As we welcome a brand-new year, I'm praying for the Lord to help me use my time wisely. Due to my back condition, routine tasks often take longer than they used to, and that is frustrating at times. But I want to focus on the most important tasks this year, and do those things first. ~ I pray that all my family and friends are blessed with a safe, healthy, happy 2009, and that we'll always put the Lord first in our actions and thoughts. Happy New Year!! ~ (I'm including a picture of Sweetums as she celebrated New Year's Eve last year!).

3 comments:

SHARLENE said...

I've missed seeing you over at Shoutlife, girlfriend, but I can check here every now and again!

I'm with you on the time management issue. I have just four weeks to go till my ms is due and I have done nothing today by piddle away my time! In fact, I took TWO naps!!!!!! Is that not extravagant?!

I loved the post of how you read the CHRIST story to your grown kids, keeping with tradition. How wonderful. And I'm sure it's a tradition that will continue into the next generation.

Happy New Year, darling "Cat Mom". Hey, I'm a cat mom, too, you know. Love my big furry ball.

Kim Sawyer said...

LOVE the kitty pic! I can't imagine any of my kitties being tolerant enough to leave a hat in place...they'd be wrestling with it instead. lol And yes, time flies... I pray constantly "Lord, let me use the time I have wisely." Balancing act for sure...

Megan DiMaria said...

Happy New Year, Patti!

Have a blessed 2009.