Monday, January 1, 2018

A January Journey

A brand-new year began today, and lots of people are eager to start fresh---especially if this past year held many trials and difficulties for them. For me personally, 2017 held a most special blessing with the birth of my first grandbaby! I thank the Lord daily for this precious gift.
Since today is the first day of January, I made my usual list of goals for this coming year. Some years back I'd list goals such as exercise more, eat healthier, and be more organized. While these are very important---and I still plan on doing these---now my most important goal is in my spiritual life. I want to draw closer to the Lord, and do what HE would have me to do. 
So I'm thinking of this as a sort of journey, and along the way I hope to grow stronger in my faith and also in my knowledge of the Bible. I'm currently reading all the way through my Bible for the sixth time, but what amazes me is how much I discover and learn with each re-reading! Even books of my Bible that I've read numerous times (such as Romans and Psalms) hold treasures that I feel I'm reading for the first time. 
If you've made a list of goals for this new year, I hope you'll have success at accomplishing  them. And whatever journey you're on, may it go smoothly and may you draw closer to the Lord. 

     But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.     Matthew 6:33

No comments: