Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Blessing of Friendship

I have always been blessed with my friends. Even though I was painfully shy as a young child, I still enjoyed having friends. As I grew older, I realized more and more just how important having true friends really is - - there's just something special about sharing laughs and making fun memories with good friends. There have also been times when I'm not sure what I would've done if not for special friends, uplifting me and offering comfort. 
I can remember my dear Mother---who had a lot of friends!---telling me many years ago: "To have a friend, you must be a friend." So very true! Since I value my friends, I try to let them know how special they are to me, and how much I appreciate all they've done for me through the years. Sometimes I feel I could never repay the kindness of my friends - - I am truly blessed! But I want to continue doing what I can to show others how much I appreciate them, and how special their friendship is to me.

        A friend loveth at all times. Proverbs 17:17

No comments: