Sunday, December 11, 2016

Remembering the Reason

I'm not sure what happened to the month of November! I thought I'd written a blog post, but when I looked apparently I had not - - and whoosh! Now it's almost mid-December. We're in the midst of the Christmas season - - the most wonderful time of year, with lots going on and so many people rushing around in a frenzy as they shop, attend special events, do holiday baking, etc. But I'm hoping that ALL of us will take time to really and truly remember WHY we are celebrating. The real REASON for this SEASON - - the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Giving gifts is wonderful. Decorating and baking can make special memories for families. But we all need to focus most of all on that special Baby born in a stable so many years ago - - the Baby who came into the world for each of us. Even though I've read and heard the Christmas story numerous times---and even played the part of Mary many years ago!---the story of Jesus's birth never ceases to amaze me. Such humble beginnings for a King. So as we all go about our busy days and prepare for another Christmas, may we remember the true Reason for this wonderful Season - - and may I remember to say "Happy Birthday, Jesus!" And to thank Him for loving me.
     And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.  Luke 2:7

No comments: