Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Don't Fear the Year

As we reach the end of yet another year (HOW does time go by so quickly?) lots of folks are busily preparing lists of goals and planning what they hope to accomplish in the coming year.
Sadly, some folks actually dread the upcoming year--worrying about finances, health, and many other concerns.
Yes, I'll admit I've always been a worrier myself. But with the Lord's help I am overcoming my needless habit of worrying so much--okay, I'm a work in progress, but thankfully my Lord is VERY patient with me!
All of this to say that for Christians, we don't NEED to worry about an upcoming year--or any time in the future. Because no matter what concerns we may face--whether health, financial, relationship--the Lord is so much bigger than our problems and concerns, and HE has everything under control. So we need to do the very best we can in all areas of our life, and TRUST in Him.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm a work in progress, but have found something that has helped me a lot in recent years. If I make sure to spend a good portion of my day with Him, it helps me tremendously!
Reading my Bible, praying, listening to sermons by my favorite pastor (even while doing household chores)--all of these strengthen my walk with the Lord. And the stronger my walk of faith is, the better I'll be able to handle any problems that confront me. I still have a ways to go, but I'm working on it--because I don't ever want to fear anything in the future, but instead look forward to living another year for my Lord. He deserves my BEST, after all! ~ May you have a very blessed 2014, and if you don't know the Lord Jesus, may you welcome Him into your life. I promise you, He is ALL you need!
But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.        Philippians 4:19

2 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

Oh CatMom!! This is truly beautiful and I needed to hear this today! Isn't it wonderful how we can inspire, bless and encourage each other across the miles! Blessings to you dear friend!

CatMom said...

Thank you for this sweet note, dear Sue. Yes, I truly feel the Lord uses us to encourage each other, and I know I've been uplifted and blessed by so many friends across the miles (including YOU!).
Sending a hug, Patti Jo