Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Star Sightings

When I log on to my computer home page, I always see the weather forecast, various news stories, and a feature that I don't normally view, called "Star Sightings." It features Hollywood celebrities in various locations, and readers can view more photos, if desired.
Not long ago as I logged online and once again saw the Star Sightings section, I was struck with a thought of how that phrase can be interpreted. I'm certain people who enjoy viewing the "star sightings"  are interested to read updates about the celebrities. But for me personally, the stars I would rather view are the ones in the sky at night, because these are a reminder of God's amazing creation. My Bible tells me that God created the heaven and the earth--so I know that includes the sun, moon, stars, and all the planets in the universe. In other words, He created it ALL! And personally, I am more in awe viewing the night sky than viewing photos of "famous" people. Now every time I see the section titled "Star Sightings," I have to smile, because the star sightings I enjoy are the ones created by my Heavenly Father.
   The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork.  Psalm 19:1

3 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

I laughed out loud when I read this post. I wasn't thinking of movie stars but His stars adorning the night sky!! We are on the same wave lenght! Have a beautiful day. Thank you for dropping by my blog! I've left comments on your earlier posts!! Blessings!

CatMom said...

Thanks, precious Susan! And also thank you for leaving all those other comments too--you're a sweetheart. :)

Susan Marlene said...

You are most welcome!