Thursday, July 26, 2012

Staying Immersed

As a Christian, I've often read/heard how very important it is to stay "immersed in Scripture". As I grow older and hopefully a little bit wiser(?) I see just how super important that is! Many folks would agree that our world today seems more evil than ever. Even supposedly "good" people are led astray, and of course the news is filled with reports of crime, violence, and rampant sin. Yep, our enemy the devil is doing his best to gain a stronger hold on our world. But as Christians we must continue fighting this---EVERY day. One way is to stay focused on WHO we serve---and since I serve my Lord and Savior Jesus I have to keep focused on HIM. For me personally one of the best ways to do that is to keep myself immersed in Scripture. Everyday I read my Bible, but I've realized I need even more help. So I've written some verses of Scripture and placed them in various places around my house. I've found this really helps me, because I have constant reminders of WHO I'm serving and how I'm supposed to live. Does this make me a wonderful, sinless person? NO! But....I'm striving to serve the Lord and stay immersed in His word---and I realize I need all the help I can get! May we Christians always stay immersed so we can help shine His light to a hurting world. ~ Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.   Matthew 5:16

No comments: