Saturday, June 23, 2012

Two Years Ago

Two years ago today I was in a major Atlanta hospital, undergoing the first two of four spinal surgeries that would change my life for the better. My neurosurgeon had planned on completing the work on my spine in "only" three surgeries, but due to complications during the third surgery, he had to bring me out of the anesthesia and let me rest for five days. Thankfully the fourth surgery went well and was a success, so after that it was a matter of recovering and rehab. ~ My stay in the hospital was about three weeks, and there were some extremely rough, painful times. However, I have NO regrets at all about having the surgeries done, and my severe spinal conditions have been greatly improved as a result. There were also an abundance of blessings that came from that time in my life---and for those I am truly humbled. People I didn't even know were praying for me, and the acts of kindness shown to me still boggle my mind today. ~ The day before I went into the hospital I was filled with a mixture of emotions. Although I had an idea of what was to be done to me, there was still the anxiety of "fear of the unknown" and the dread because I knew there was the chance I could even end up paralyzed. So as I read my Bible that day, I re-read a verse in Isaiah that I clung to, and still do. This verse has give me (and continues to do so) great comfort and peace, and I've included it below. ~ May I always cling to The Only One who can truly give comfort and peace that we all need. ~ Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

No comments: