Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's About Time

Time management has been something I've been working on for many years--in fact, I have a collection of books and articles advising me how to make better use of my time! Often I'll think I'm improving; other times I feel frustrated because I want to accomplish more. ~ Now that my children are older and I'm no longer teaching school, my schedule is completely different than it was even a few years ago. I still stay busy (somedays I'm convinced someone has sped up my clock because the hours zip by!) but don't have the constant rushing and hectic pace I once did. ~ Lately the Lord has placed thoughts on my heart that I'm taking very seriously: As a Christian woman, am I making the best use of my time? Am I spending my time as the Lord would have me spend it? It's really dawned on me that time management isn't just about "getting more things done in a certain amount of time" but rather accomplishing what the Lord wants me to accomplish--and meeting His standards rather than the world's. ~ Although I make sure to spend time daily in my Bible and prayer, could I spend more time? Are there other ways I can serve Him? For me personally, the answer is YES! So that's what I'm focusing on these days, and with the Lord's help--I'll be a faithful steward of the time He so graciously gives. ~ Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:16

No comments: