Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year---and a New Word

It's already January 9th---this New Year needs to slow down! At the beginning of each new year, I used to write out a list of "My New Year Resolutions"---basically I was re-writing the same ones each year *sigh*. But several years ago I noticed that some folks had chosen a word (or the Lord had placed that specific word on their heart)---and that was their WORD for the year. So I decided to try that rather than a list of repeated resolutions. ~ Last year my word was PERSEVERANCE. And....overall that's what I did: I persevered with my physical therapy, home projects, etc. (not that I completed everything, though!). This year I honestly felt that the Lord has been nudging me towards SELF-DISCIPLINE. Because if I want to improve on my writing, I absolutely HAVE to be disciplined and WRITE!! Not just when I feel like writing, but times even when I'd rather be doing something else (such as playing with my cats---or being entertained by them *smile*). ~ Do you have a word or goal(s) for the New Year? I pray that this new year will be safe and healthy for us all. ~ Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Psalm 25:4

No comments: