Monday, December 19, 2011

Wedding Bells and Christmas Bells



The month of December is especially joyous (and busy!) for my family this year. Earlier this month we were blessed to have my oldest daughter's Wedding, and the day was perfect! ~ Now we're preparing to celebrate Christmas---which is my most favorite holiday. Since I was so busy with wedding plans, I waited until after my daughter's wedding to really "dive into" my Christmas activities. But instead of feeling pressured and fretting about having everything done by a certain time, I've decided I'll keep doing the best I can, and really ENJOY the Christmas season. It really doesn't matter if some folks receive their Christmas cards a day or so after December 25, or if I don't get to bake quite as many cookies as I usually do. What matters is that I stay FOCUSED on the true meaning of this special time: Celebrating my Savior's birth! ~ And as I re-read the Christmas story from my Bible, I'm still in awe of what happened those many years ago---and so very thankful for that most precious Baby born in a stable. ~ For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

No comments: