Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Highly Recommended Reading!

Bethany House Publishing company recently sent me some books to read and review, and I wanted to share them with others. The first one is a compilation of works that inspired the life of A.W. Tozer and is titled: From The Library of A.W. Tozer compiled by James Stuart Bell. After I received this book in the mail, I became SO excited---it was like getting a "treasure chest" in the mail! This book is filled with inspiring, thought-provoking writings by great Christians such as D.L. Moody, Martin Luther, and John Wesley, just to name a few. I cannot wait to tell my Pastor about this wonderful book! ~ The other book I received is The Whole Bible Story by Dr. William H. Marty. I'm also excited about this book, as it tells the Bible story in "plain, simple English." The author explains in the Introduction that he hopes this book will encourage people to read the Bible, and I really believe it will. From Creation to Revelation, the Bible story is clearly written in this book. I'm looking forward to sharing this with family and friends!

No comments: