Friday, September 3, 2010

A Hopeful Heart

Christian fiction author Kim Vogel Sawyer has done it again---written yet another book that I LOVED !! Kim's "gentle stories of hope" are a pleasure to read, and I always know I'll be drawn into the lives of her characters and feel that I've stepped back in time as I get caught up in the events of the story. ~ A Hopeful Heart is set in 1888 in a small Kansas town, and follows the life of a young woman who traveled from the east coast to attend a "herdsman school"--a program that teaches young women necessary skills to become a rancher (or the wife of one!). This story held a few surprises for me, and included its fair share of action and romance. Most importantly, A Hopeful Heart demonstrates the amazing power of God at work in lives, and the changes that can occur when people follow the Lord's will for their lives. I highly recommend this book, and ANY of Kim Vogel Sawyer's books!

2 comments:

Kim Vogel Sawyer said...

Thank you, Patti Jo, for the glowing review. You are always such an encouragement!

CatMom said...

You are so welcome, dear Kim! I am being completely honest when I write a review, and you're one of the BEST!! :)