Thursday, January 7, 2010

A New Year = New Ways to Serve!

Happy New Year! Like many other folks, I am amazed at how quickly this past year flew by. Now we are starting a fresh, new year: 2010 ! This year, instead of writing down my "usual" list of New Year's Resolutions as I've done the past 20 years (gasp!), I felt led to focus instead on New Ways to Serve. What are some new ways I can serve the Lord? Rather than ME deciding on the answer, I am praying for the Lord to show me exactly what He wants me to do. I will certainly continue being a prayer warrior, and will strive to pray more for those around me. I'll also continue doing the "little things" I feel called to do (sending cards to brighten someone's day, taking breakfast to my Pastor and staff, etc.). But I will be open to the Lord's leading of other ways I can serve Him by serving others, whatever those activities may be.
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
Proverbs 16:3

No comments: