Thursday, April 23, 2009

BEYOND THIS MOMENT

I recently finished reading the historical fiction book Beyond This Moment by Christian author Tamera Alexander, and it was WONDERFUL. I was so moved by this story that as soon as I finished the ending, I hurried to my computer and sent Tamera a message. ~ This is the second book in the Timber Ridge Reflections series, and is set in the Colorado territory in the 1870s. The story follows a newly-arrived teacher, Molly Whitcomb, and James McPherson, the sheriff of Timber Ridge, and also includes many believable secondary characters. God's hand at work is demonstrated as events unfold and characters learn important truths. ~ Tamera has the amazing gift of writing in such a way that allows the reader to get completely involved in the characters' lives, and you feel as if you're there witnessing the events happen. ~ I've read and thoroughly enjoyed all of Tamera's books, but Beyond This Moment is now my VERY favorite!! Fans of historical fiction will enjoy and appreciate this touching story of love and forgiveness. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !! : )

No comments: