Tuesday, June 17, 2008

CONTROLLING INTEREST

While on my wonderful family vacation last week at the Georgia coast, I read the book Controlling Interest by Elizabeth White. I had not read any of her previous books, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced story! The book's action, sprinkled with humor and romance, kept me turning pages until after midnight (one evening I even read instead of participating in the family games for that night*gasp*). Most importantly, though, is the faith message in the book. The believable characters are certainly not perfect, but they strive to have a closer walk with the Lord and find out that He is with them no matter how bad the situation looks. I highly recommend Controlling Interest and look forward to reading more of Beth's books!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Patti
Sounds like a wonderful book, I would love to read it. Continue blessing others with your BLOG, great job and the new pic of you, Becca and Shaun is adorable.

CatMom said...

Thank you Lisa! I know I don't have a large "readership" yet, but hopefully it will grow over time. The picture is from our Jekyll trip - - glad you like it! :) Thanks for your note, precious friend!

Megan DiMaria said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the favor you did for me.

Have a blessed week!

A prisoner of hope,
Megan