Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Always Trusting

                                                     

In the midst of a global pandemic, the world around us is a much different place in so many ways. Terms such as "social distancing" are being used on a daily basis, and many folks say they feel they're living in a fog. On social media posts, people joke about not knowing what day of the week it is, and dressing up to take out their garbage or check their mailbox. We don't just hop in our cars to run errands as we used to do, and countless businesses have sadly suffered, many going out of business. Strange, scary times.

Yet there are many who are trying to remain positive, and reminding everyone that this situation is temporary. Others wonder if things will ever return to "normal"---many people doubtful that it will. This has been a learning experience for us all, I'm sure we'd agree.

But through all of this - - I've tried to focus on trusting the Lord, because no matter how frightening this situation is, HE is still in control. He always has been and always will be. Now I'll admit that some days my trusting nature is stronger than other days. But if I can remain focused on WHO is truly in control, and trust HIM, then I'll keep a much better attitude about this entire situation. 

I hope that whatever your personal situation is like at the moment, you will be able to trust in the one true God, who loves you and watches over you.

And although much has changed in our world, how nice that some things remain the same. I go outside in my yard and the breeze still blows, the birds still sing, and the sun still shines. Reminders that the Lord is still in control. And that helps me to keep trusting.  

     Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
                                                                                                     
Proverbs 3:5

No comments: