Wednesday, March 4, 2020

CatMom Chats With Author Jackie Layton


                CATMOM  CHATS  WITH......AUTHOR  JACKIE  LAYTON 


I'm so happy to be chatting with my sweet friend Jackie Layton today! Jackie's wonderful book, BITE THE DUST, has recently released. I'm reading it now and loving it!  It can be ordered on Amazon, and I highly recommend this cozy mystery. 😊 

Welcome, Jackie!
How long have you been writing?
   Jackie:  I've been writing around ten years. I'm definitely not an overnight success, but I've learned so much along the way. I've learned to trust God's timing, and I've made a lot of good friends. 

Where do you usually write?  
   Jackie: I have an office at home, and I mostly write there. I have been known to visit a coffee store or the library when I get distracted by laundry or my dog.  

Do you have a regular writing schedule, or do you grab writing time whenever you can?
   Jackie: I try to stick to a schedule, and morning is my best time to write. Nights are also good, but afternoons are terrible for me.  

When you're not writing, what do you enjoy doing?  
   Jackie: I love to take Heinz for walks and walking on the beach is the best. I enjoy photography and of course reading. 

Do you have any pets? 
   Jackie: When my youngest son went to college, I inherited Heinz full-time. He's a Westie and keeps me company when I write. He also makes sure I don't sit for too long at a time. 

Anything special you'd like readers to know about you? 😊 
   Jackie: I enjoy watching sports with my husband. Raising sons, I spent most of my adult life watching soccer, baseball, basketball, and tennis. We watch SEC football and basketball games on TV, and most Saturdays we have Game Day on TV.  

 Thank you, Jackie! I enjoyed learning more about you, and think it's wonderful you live so close to a beach.  Congratulations again on your book!  




11 comments:

Jackie Layton said...

Patti Jo,

It's always a pleasure to hang out with you. Thanks for hosting me!

CatMom said...

Jackie,
It's my pleasure to host you today, and I'm SO excited about your book!!
Hugs, Patti Jo

Sherida Stewart said...

Waving ....late....to you both! Sorry! Congratulations on your cozy mystery, Jackie.
So good to hear you trusted God on your journey! Your dream came true! Blessings!

Jackie Layton said...

Sherida,
Thanks for visiting with us. You're exactly right, my dream came true.

Have a great evening!

Terri said...

Hi ladies! I just love a good cozy mystery!

Jackie, I totally identify with a dog being a writing distraction. But they are such fun.

Now hurry up and finish book two!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Jackie, I didn’t realize Heinz was your so so dog first. He is such a cutie. There are days I want to leave and not be distracted by my dog’s need for play. So excited for your release! Good things are coming your way!

Jackie Layton said...

Terri and Sherrinda, thanks for stopping by. If you come to South Carolina, we'll take Heinz and your dogs for a walk on the beach.

Laurie Wood said...

How could we write without our faithful dogs to keep us in line? Congrats again, Jackie!

Sharee Stover said...

Wonderful interview! There’s nothing better than a canine writing partner. Blessings my friend!!

CatMom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Friends!
No dogs in my house, but lots of cats to inspire me!
Hugs, Patti Jo

Connie Queen said...

Jackie, you and I are almost opposites on the writing schedule.

Most days I get more accomplished in the afternoon. I try in the morning, but don't so well so the morning is a good time for me to critique my friend's writing and do other writerly stuff.

Always enjoy reading your posts!