Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Giving Thanks in Every Season

Our Thanksgiving holiday was last week, so I've been reading a lot of postings by folks about being thankful. 😊 These make me smile, and also remind me that we all have so much to be thankful for - - especially those of us living in houses that keep us sheltered, with plenty of food to eat and clothes to wear.

Yet I've been thinking that I need to be more thankful all throughout the year - - and express my thankfulness no matter what the season or circumstances. I like to think that God smiles when we thank Him for little things---maybe things that others might take for granted---but are still blessings from Him. 

Today I'm not only feeling blessed by all I have---family, friends, health---but I'm noticing the gorgeous Autumn day outside my window. Sunshine, blue skies, and my beautiful Bradford Pear tree in my backyard---it's putting on a glorious show for me right now! 

Even on days when the weather is dreary, my health isn't so great, and I just don't feel motivated to accomplish much, may I still give thanks for the many blessings I have---especially being a child of God. Knowing that He loves me makes every day Thanksgiving. 💛

No comments: