Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Unsettling Times - - Ultimate Trust

Although I try to stay caught up on major news happenings, there are days that I just really don't want to hear or read anything negative going on in our country or our world. I've heard people comment that watching the television news reports almost sends them into a state of depression. Other people tend to worry more--a lot more. And some folks will plainly state that hearing or reading news reports makes them feel extremely grumpy.
So while I do feel it's important to be aware of what's going on in our world, we do not need to *dwell* on the negative reports (and sadly there are plenty of those). Should we try to insulate ourselves and our families from all the negativity in the world? I don't think that's the answer (nor is it really possible).
If we're not careful, we can allow fear to take over - - especially in these unsettling times. As a Christian, I know without a doubt WHO is in control, and I must remember this. Yes, I need to keep up with news reports (but not go overboard reading every frightening detail), pray about various situations and innocent people who are affected, and most importantly TRUST the Lord in all things. I know that He watches over His sheep, so we need to place our ultimate trust in Him - - ALL the time!
     For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.   II Timothy 1:7

No comments: