Monday, February 23, 2015

February Feelings

The month of February is often associated with Valentine's Day, and I've even heard February referred to as "the month of love" (even though Valentine's Day is only one day, LOL). But how wonderful it would be if every month could be a "month of love" - - as in showing LOVE for EACH OTHER. 
In the book of John in the Bible, Jesus says that we are commanded to love one another as He has loved us. WOW! I think we all can use this reminder (at least I know I sure can) because some days we just don't feel very loving toward others. Yet we need to remember that as Christians, we are to strive to follow the example of Jesus and love everyone (yes, easier said than done).
One way that we can show love for others is when we let people know we hurt when they hurt. I was recently reminded of this when I had many friends and relatives who demonstrated love by their compassion and caring. One of my sweet kitties had cancer and had to be put to sleep at my veterinarian's office. Even though the loss of an animal is not the same as a human loss, it's still a terribly painful time. As I cried and felt so sad as I left the animal clinic with an empty cat carrier, I was soon comforted by those who truly understood the grief of losing a beloved pet. They felt my sadness, and as they showed compassion and understanding, I felt their love.
May I always look for ways to show others that I love them, just as I have felt loved.


     This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  John 15:12

No comments: