Friday, October 3, 2014

Please Slow Down!

Please slow down! That's what many folks are saying about this year - - it seems to be passing way too quickly.
When I was a little girl, my sweet Mama often said: The older a person gets, the faster time goes. Of course I'd laugh then, because for a child it seems to take FOREVER for Christmas to arrive!
But as I've grown older, I have realized the wisdom in my mother's words. Especially in the world we live in today---with all the technology and distractions constantly surrounding us---it seems time moves at a rapid pace.
Since none of us is capable of actually "slowing down" the clock and calendar, we need to make the very best use of our time each day. I am reminded of a saying I read several years ago, and it has stayed with me.
            One life to live, it will soon be past.
            What's done for Jesus, is all that will last.


Wow! What a powerful reminder for us all. As we go about our day-to-day lives, busy with various activities and often rushing here and there, we need to really think about how we are spending our time.
For me personally, I want to try harder to serve Jesus in ALL that I do. A big challenge for many of us, but one I want to strive for. After all, He deserves my BEST!
        So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.    Psalm 90:12

4 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

Oh my goodness! So funny that I read your blog today...We were just going over the 7-Habits with the students or maybe it was the quote we discussed...well we were telling them how fast time rolls when you are out age! LOL! Also on my way home I was thinking about how we could accomplish great feats, but when it comes down to it..once we get to heaven will the Lord say but I had this and that for you to do and you did your own thing...I sure don't want that to happen! Nice Post! :)

CatMom said...

Thank you so much, precious Sue.
Often these posts that I write are actually reminders to myself, LOL. ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Patti Jo

Susan Marlene said...

I always enjoy my visits with you via blog or email! Blessings to you Patti Jo! Oups I believe I spelled your name wrong in your last post! Please forgive me! LOL! :)

CatMom said...

Not to worry, Sue! People often spell my name with a "y" or even "ie" at the end, LOL! :)
Hugs, Patti Jo