Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Blessings at the Beach

Recently my family and I had a brief vacation at lovely Amelia Island, Florida. We were able to rent a house located right on the beach, so the ocean was always in sight.
Besides sightseeing, eating delicious food, and spending time on the beach, one of my greatest blessings on the trip came from sitting on the deck of the house, admiring God's creation. As I gazed out at the vast Atlantic Ocean, I was reminded that that huge body of water didn't "just happen" but was created by the Lord. The white, fluffy clouds in the bright blue sky, the seagulls swooping down to catch a fish, and the tall sea oats growing along the sand dunes were all created by God.
That same God created you and me, and He loves us more than we could ever imagine.
As I thought about all that the Lord has created, and how much He loves me, I was again reminded of how very blessed I am.
I'm so thankful we had a family vacation at the beach, and so very thankful I was reminded of how much the Lord has blessed me.
     Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust.  Psalm 40:4

No comments: