Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Thankful Season

Today is the last day of November, and the weekend following Thanksgiving. It seems at this time of year we hear and read a lot about people being thankful, and truly appreciating and counting our blessings. But wouldn't it be great if this emphasis on being thankful  could continue ALL year? So instead of having what I think of as a "thankful season" we would have a "thankful YEAR" - - remembering to give thanks for our blessings each and every day - - in each season of the year.
I am going to strive to do this in my own life, because even though I may not be wealthy by the world's standards, I am abundantly blessed and have everything I need.
One blessing I've been especially grateful for this Fall season has been the beautiful trees in my yard. My Bradford Pear tree put on the most spectacular "show of color" this year - - absolutely gorgeous!! And even though a photo doesn't show how truly beautiful it was, I'm still posting a picture of it.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise; be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.  Psalm 100:4

No comments: