Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Exactly What I Need

We all go through times in our lives when we feel we're trudging uphill and growing tireder by the day. Not that we're feeling sorry for ourselves, but rather just growing weary. Perhaps it's illness, financial concerns, or just having days when "nothing seems to go right." Of course, we know--as the old saying goes--That's life. ~ For me personally, I've found it's so vital to read my Bible every day, because so often I'll come across the exact verse I needed at that particular time. This happened to me yesterday, as I was feeling tired and more than a little concerned about a loved one's illness. I've been praying and doing all I can to help this person, but was having a day when I felt weary and didn't know what else to do. After I read my daily Bible verses I began flipping through various books of the Bible, reading different verses I've highlighted over the years. Suddenly a verse seemed to "jump out" at me, so I read it again. It's part of a verse in 1 Samuel: ...for the battle is the Lord's... I paused, then read it again and again. A thought came to me that I had been overlooking, and the Lord used this particular verse to remind me of this all-important truth. I need to continue doing the best I can, pray, and then TURN MY CONCERNS OVER TO THE LORD. After all, it is HIS battle and HE is much better equipped to handle it than I am! I suppose that's part of our human nature---WE try to handle problems, rather than doing all we can do and giving them to our Lord. I'm thankful the Lord gently nudged me with the words that I needed at this time.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

No comments: