Monday, September 1, 2008

September Already?!


Wow! I cannot believe that September is here already! This particular month has always been a busy one for my family....we jokingly refer to it as our "Family Birthday Month" due to so many birthdays. It makes for a fun, although hectic, few weeks! This September will be extra-busy for me since I'm planning on attending the American Christian Fiction Writers' Conference in Minnesota (which I'm so excited about!). I need to make sure though, that no matter how busy my days are, to always start out my day by spending some quiet time with the Lord. I've always found that my days just seem to go better when I do this. That sure doesn't mean my days will be trouble-free, but at least I can handle those trials better when I've started the day out with some time in the Word. ~~ It's so easy to get caught up in the rushing and busyness of our schedules, but we all need to take time to read our Bible and reflect on the blessings the Lord has given us. ~~ I've posted a picture of my kitten Delilah, as she looks reflective while resting on my piano bench!

2 comments:

Kim Vogel Sawyer said...

Oh, my! This kitty could pass as a double for the calico mommy my daughter saved from a dumpster at work. She is so pretty!

CatMom said...

Thank you, Kim! We think Delilah is beautiful...and she's sweet too! Her mother, Patches, was a stray who gave birth on my front porch Feb. 29 of this year. Patches is also a calico and now a member of our family (but her child-bearing days are over,LOL!).