Sunday, December 13, 2020

Author Laurie Wood

 I am thrilled to feature Author Laurie Wood on CatMom's Corner today. Laurie is a sweet friend and very talented author who lives in Canada---in polar bear country!  Her stories are amazing, and yes--they feature polar bears. Her newest book is Northern Protector, and I'm eager to read this one. Be sure and look for Laurie's books, and you can visit her website, and find her on Facebook and Twitter.  AND, because I'm so excited about Laurie's newest book, I'll gift one commenter with a Kindle copy! Just leave a comment on my blog, and mention you're interested in winning a copy for your Kindle.  Happy reading! 



 
NORTHERN PROTECTOR Blurb:

Constable Ben Koper is still healing from the polar bear attack that almost killed him. Nine months after it happened, he returns to Churchill, Manitoba, a changed man—scarred more than just physically. PTSD is his new shadow, haunting his every step, and he can’t seem to kick the pain meds he shouldn’t need anymore. He’s determined to prove, to himself and his colleagues, that he’s still up to his job. Failure isn’t an option.

ER nurse Joy Gallagher spent the entire last winter texting with a healing Constable Koper. What started as friendly concern from this single mother has grown into full-fledged romantic feelings, and she’s eager to level up their friendship and introduce him to the idyllic comfort of small-town life. Until a teenager is murdered at a summer party. The crime is strikingly similar to the cold case murder of Joy’s foster sister, stirring old trauma Joy has never fully dealt with.

When another victim is snatched in town, Ben and Joy must confront their own demons, and join forces to track down an elusive killer. The race to rescue the next victim before it’s too late will test Ben and Joy to their limits. Can they survive their encounter with this heinous killer, or will the past destroy them.?

Buy Links:

Amazon.com: https://amzn.to/3femV6Y

Amazon.ca:    https://amzn.to/2KfyoYq

Anaiah Press: https://bit.ly/3pGPrD6 (Print copies)

Bio & Social Media Links:

Laurie Wood lives in Central Canada and writes inspirational romantic suspense with an edge of danger. She’s also a military wife who’s raised two wonderful special needs children to adulthood. They’ve lived all over Canada and are still on that journey. When she’s not writing she can be found at her spinning wheel, knitting, or hanging out with her dogs in the garden. She loves to hear from readers and always replies so feel free to get in touch with her.

Please visit her at https://www.lauriewoodauthor.com

Facebook:             https://www.facebook.com/lauriewoodauthor

Twitter:                 https://twitter.com/LaurieJeanWood

11 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

Greetings Cat Mom! This sounds like a very interesting novel! Plug me in and one can hope! I always love dropping by to see what your up to! :)

Author Rebecca McLafferty said...

This book sounds great, Laurie! I'm originally from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan and my paternal grandmother was from Ontario, so Canada holds a real special place in my heart. I'm a new author and love to read! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Glad to meet you!

Author Rebecca McLafferty said...

I forgot to tell you...I see that you have a book with llamas. That's funny, too, because my husband and I used to own alpacas. Small world!

CatMom said...

Hello, sweet Susan! Thank you SO much for stopping by! Yes, your name is in the drawing!
Hope you're staying well and will have a lovely Christmas.
Hugs, CatMom (Patti Jo)

CatMom said...

Hi Rebecca! Thanks SO much for stopping by today!
That is so special that you and your husband used to own alpacas---wow!
My toddler granddaughter likes llamas, and her fascination with them inspired me to write my "llamas" story!
Your name is in the drawing!
Blessings, CatMom (Patti Jo)

Terri said...

Hi Patti Jo, I’m so glad to see Laurie featured here. I loved her first two books in the series and I’m really excited to read Ben’s story.

Plus the polar bears! Such an interesting topic.

Merry Christmas!

CatMom said...

Hi Terri! I'm excited to read Ben's story too.
Since I've never visited Canada, Laurie's stories offer a glimpse into a place so different from my native South!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Merry Christmas!

Sherida Stewart said...

Hi Patti Jo and Laurie! I’ve read...and loved....Northern Protector. The polar bears are fascinating...and scary to imagine them roaming through the town of Churchill. Blessings to you both!

CatMom said...

Hi Sherida! Yes, polar bears are fascinating, but I don't think I'd want to encounter one in person!
I'm glad you enjoyed Northern Protector, and I cannot wait to read it!
Thank you so much for stopping by, sweet friend.
Hugs, Patti Jo

CatMom said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Susan Marlene for being the winner of a Kindle copy of NORTHERN PROTECTOR!! Susan, if you'll message me your information on Facebook, please, I'll have the book sent to your Kindle.
Thanks SO much for visiting CatMom's Corner, and Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Patti Jo

Susan Marlene said...

Thank you, Patti Jo and Laurie Wood! I will message you today, Patti Jo! How generous of you both! I'm looking forward to reading your novel, Laurie! :)