Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thankful Even in the Rough Times

 Like so many others, I've been affected by many sad events during this year. Especially the death of a precious family member and three dear friends, not to mention the pandemic raging around us and the constant strife and turmoil that fills daily news reports. Not the happiest of times.

But even in this rough, heartbreaking year, there are blessings. Many blessings. So I will choose to be thankful---not just as I prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, but each and every day. Small blessings, such as having a warm home to live in, food in my kitchen, and countless other items that are often taken for granted. And then in April of this year, my most precious blessing arrived into the world: my second miracle grandbaby. Such a sweet gift from God! 💜

So as I continue mourning the loss of a loved one and missing sweet friends who've gone to Heaven, I will still be thankful for all the wonderful blessings in my life---so many that I couldn't count them all even if I tried. Having a thankful spirit is my choice---even in the rough times. 

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord.   Psalm 92:1 




No comments: